I want to follow a professional program but my parents want me to keep on with the general study path (or the opposite). Do they have the right to force me to it?

It’s your parents who take the important decisions concerning your education. They have to ask you for your opinion but they are not obliged to follow it. If you disagree, you can talk with someone from your school (professors, inspectors, etc…). You can also suggest to your parents to meet with you an orientation consulter. Sometimes, an extern opinion can help to see situations differently and take, together, a better decision for your future. 

OKaJu - Contact

Ombudsman fir Kanner a Jugendlecher

65, route d’Arlon
L-1140 Luxembourg
Notre nouveau no de téléphone : 28 37 36 35

To contact the ORK

Go to top